UPDATE: The Trustees have left the Public Comment period open until 5:00 p.m. on Nov. 27, 2023 for anyone wishing to submit a written comment. You may email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you prefer to use USPS, please mail them to P.O. Box 7073 Amagansett, NY 11930.
The Trustees have spent the past two years inspecting and creating an updated inventory of the docks in Trustee jurisdiction. As a result of these inspections, the Trustees have identified several potential policy considerations aimed at streamlining processes and creating a singular cohesive policy for the siting, approval and annual regulations of all docks within Trustee jurisdiction.
As such, the Trustees find it important to share these items with the public as well as hear public input regarding these potential policy items. Therefore, the Trustees will hold a public hearing on November 13, 2023 at 6:30 p.m. at Town Hall, located at 159 Pantigo Road in East Hampton.
In addition to this posting, the Trustee meeting recordings can be found here on our website under the “Meetings” tab and also on YouTube.
The following are the items the Trustees are considering:
- Whether to extend the current dock prohibition into a permanent prohibition in the portion of Three Mile Harbor where docks are not prohibited.
- Policy Items which need decisions and definitions:
- Annual Charges – per linear foot vs. square foot
- Definition of pilings
- Seasonal removal of pilings vs. permanent installation
- Charges: structural pilings (i.e. for floating sections) or only free standing
- Floating docks – whether to require seasonal removal
- Policy considerations for current dock agreement holders:
- Docks which have never been installed and/or built but hold annual agreements
- Dilapidated structures/Docks in disrepair
- Property Sales – Policy considerations to assist the Trustees in obtaining new property owners’ name and contact information
- Define policy regarding Georgica Pond “platforms” and “bottom steps”
- Dock Agreements
- Bring current permittees into compliance with regard to dock expansions and improvements
- Improvements and expansions between the present and future inspections
- Define future inspection schedule & protocol