To be entered into the 2022 Kayak Storage Lottery for Summer 2022 email the office with the information below.
The Trustees offer seasonal storage of Kayaks on wooden racks at various public beaches. Kayak storage is granted by permit and is for East Hampton Town residents only (*proof of residency required). These racks are located at:
- Louse Point – on the inner harbor and on the outer beach fronting Gardiner’s Bay.
- Gerard Drive on the inner harbor facing Accabonac Harbor.
- End of Mile Hill Road facing Gardiner’s Bay.
- End of Hand’s Creek Road (aka Settler’s Landing) – opens into Three Mile Harbor.
- Fresh Pond – on the North side of the Fresh Pond inlet.
Due to high demand, each year the Trustees run a lottery to award a storage spot on the racks at each location. Limit ONE entry per person and Limit of TWO (2) entries per household, i.e. two people who reside in the same household may enter. Additional household entries will be placed on a waitlist.
There are no kayak spots available in Northwest Creek. Those spots are only for boat mooring owners and are available through Suffolk County Parks at Cedar Point Park.
Limit one storage spot per person, per year
To participate in the Kayak Storage Lottery for the Summer of 2022, we will begin accepting names for the lottery on Jan 2, 2022. Only 2 entries per household are allowed into the lottery. Please contact us through this website or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org after January 2, 2022 and provide the following information:
- Choice of Kayak Location for Lottery Entry
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Local address
- Mailing address – where you will receive mail in March & April
We MUST receive all of the information above to be entered into the lottery. You may ONLY be entered into the lottery for ONE location. We advise you choose your first choice. Please send ONE email per ONE entry.
The lottery will be held on March 14, 2022. Lottery winners will receive a permit application packet by email following the lottery. We will NOT be sending winners notifications other than the application. Completed applications MUST be received no later than April 1, 2022. Partial and Incomplete applications WILL NOT be accepted. Therefore, applications must be full and complete when submitted (including payment). We prefer applications send via email to email@example.com. We will be providing a means to pay via credit card. If you wish to send a hardcopy, we suggest mailing the check and application together to our address below. We will not pull information from previous year’s applications. Please be prepared to provide all required documentation.
The following documentation is/will be required as part of the application:
- Completed application form.
- Application fee of $200 per kayak. Payable by check made out to East Hampton Town Trustees, or cash. There is a secure metal Dropbox in front of the Trustees office at 267 Bluff Rd for your convenience. Limit one storage spot per person, per year.
- Copy of current driver’s license
- Proof of residency – this may include a property tax receipt from the current tax year for property within the bounds of the Town of East Hampton, driver’s license with East Hampton street address, a current 12-year lease of property within the Town of East Hampton or a voter registration card showing you are a registered voter in the Town of East Hampton. Should you require a copy of your property tax receipt, you may find a copy on the Tax Receiver‘s page on the East Hampton Town website. *Note: you will be asked to log in and/or it may require you create an account.
- Color photograph of Kayak – Side/length view required.
Permitted Kayaks may be placed on the Kayak Racks beginning April 15 and must be removed by November 15. Kayaks without permits, or those remaining on the racks past November 15, may be subject to impound. A fee in the amount of $250.00 per boat will be charged for release of an impounded Kayak.