One permit, per person, per body of water will be issued each season. No more then two permits per household in Trustee waters. Montauk is not included, as it is not a Trustee Holding
A Trustee Duck Blind Permit Application must be submitted every year with the following information:
- An updated copy of the applicant’s driver’s license.
- Proof of residency if local address is not on driver’s license.
- A photocopy of the applicant’s New York State Hunting License.
- A photocopy of the applicants Duck Stamp
- The Trustees issue a limited number of duck blind permits per year, base on a first come, first saved basis. Please email us from the contact us page to see if any blinds are available in the area you are interested in. Applications are only given to residents after a spot has been identified as available to the hunter.
Additional requirements for both staked and floating blinds are:
- All duck blinds must be installed by October 15th and remain in their permitted location and removed by April 1st in any year.
- All duck blinds must display the Trustee Permit.
- All duck blinds must be located no less than 500′ apart.
- There shall be no dwelling, house, public structure, livestock or person within 500′ of the prospective line of discharge.
- Any person charged with a violation of any Town, County, State, or Federal law will automatically have their permit revoked.
Application forms and fees are posted in the Fall of each year.