PUBLIC INFORMATION MEETING ON THE TEN YEAR REVIEW
SUFFOLK COUNTY AQUACULTURE LEASE PROGRAM
OPPORTUNITY TO COMMENT ON THE PROGRAM
Wednesday January 9, 2019 at 6PM
East Hampton Town Hall, 159 Pantigo Road, East Hampton NY 11937
The East Hampton Town Trustees would like to invite the public to an open meeting at East Hampton Town Hall. The purpose of this meeting is to present information on the Suffolk County Aquaculture Lease Program (SCALP) and to seek feedback from the community. This is part of a ten year review of the program as it is currently being administered.
EAST HAMPTON TOWN TRUSTEES
Sunday September 23, 2018
28th ANNUAL LARGEST CLAM CONTEST RULES
1. Only holders of valid East Hampton Shellfish License may enter. Parents may enter clams for their children between the ages of 4 and 14, and write their name and age in addition to their own on each entry card.
2. Contest to be held on Sunday, September 23rd at 12:00 noon. All clams entered must be caught in certified waters in East Hampton Town, between the dates of Saturday, September 16th and Saturday, September 22nd.
3. Only “Hard Clams” (Mercenaria mercenaria) are eligible.
4. Contestants must comply with all shellfishing regulations.
5. A maximum of one clam per contestant, per day may be entered.
6. Competing clams are to be brought, by end of the day September 22nd to one of the following places to be entered in the contest:
a) Amagansett Seafood Store
b) Gosman’s Fish Market, Montauk Highway
c) The Seafood Shop, Wainscott
d) Stuart’s Fish Market, Amagansett
7. Entries are to be placed in a mesh bag provided at the above places, the drawstring of the bag pulled tight, and the card providing your name, and the date and harbor of capture stapled over the bag. (Remember to write the age of the child if entered for the junior prize). There will be a $1.00 entry fee per clam.
8. A panel of three judges will choose the winners of the contest at a public
judging on Sunday, September 23rd at the Trustees office on Bluff Road and
Atlantic Avenue in Amagansett. Prizes will be awarded.
Clam Chowder Contest:
Obtain entry container and rules at the Trustees office. There will be a $1.00 entry fee. Clam Chowder to be brought to the office for judging on September 24th between 11:30 am & 12:30 pm.
Call the Trustees office for further information: (631) 267-8688
Balloon Release Legislation Passed in East Hampton
Trustee Susan McGraw Keber, Colleen Henn of the Surfrider Foundation and Peter Van Scoyoc, East Hampton Town Supervisor appear on eyewitness news. Click Link Below