EAST HAMPTON TOWN TRUSTEES
27th ANNUAL LARGEST CLAM CONTEST RULES
1. Only holders of valid East Hampton Shellfish License may enter. Parents may enter clams for their children between the ages of 4 and 14, and write their name and age in addition to their own on each entry card.
2. Contest to be held on Sunday, September 24th at 12:00 noon. All clams entered must be caught in certified waters in East Hampton Town, between the dates of Saturday, September 16th and Saturday, September 23rd.
3. Only “Hard Clams” (Mercenaria mercenaria) are eligible.
4. Contestants must comply with all shellfishing regulations.
5. A maximum of one clam per contestant, per day may be entered.
6. Competing clams are to be brought, prior to September 24th to one of the following places to be entered in the contest:
a) Amagansett Seafood Store
b) Gosman’s Fish Market, Montauk Highway
c) The Seafood Shop, Wainscott
d) Stuart’s Fish Market, Amagansett
7. Entries are to be placed in a mesh bag provided at the above places, the drawstring of the bag pulled tight, and the card providing your name, and the date and harbor of capture stapled over the bag. (Remember to write the age of the child if entered for the junior prize). There will be a $1.00 entry fee per clam.
8. A panel of three judges will choose the winners of the contest at a public
judging on Sunday, September 24th at the Trustees office on Bluff Road and
Atlantic Avenue in Amagansett. Prizes will be awarded.
Clam Chowder Contest:
Obtain entry container and rules at the Trustees office. There will be a $1.00 entry fee. Clam Chowder to be brought to the office for judging on September 24th between 11:30 am & 12:30 pm.
Call the Trustees office for further information: (631) 267-8688